Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Sweet Tomato Barbecue Burgers
I mentioned on my Facebook page that I enjoyed Sweet Tomato Barbecue Burgers last night for dinner. Several friends asked for the recipe. So .... here it is ...
4 (8-ounce) fresh ready-to-cook stuffed burger patties
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil (drained)
1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
4 hamburger buns
4 slices American cheese
1. Preheat grill. Place burgers on grill (wash hands); close lid (or cover loosely with foil). Grill 3–5 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 160°F (for medium). Use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure doneness. (Grills vary widely; adjust time as needed.)
Note: Burgers may be cooked in grill pan preheated on medium-high. Lightly coat pan with canola oil. Cook time will be about the same.
2. While burgers cook, place tomatoes, ranch dressing, and barbecue sauce in food processor (or blender). Process 1 minute or until smooth. Spread tomato mixture on top halves of buns.
3. Top each burger with 1 slice of cheese; then place burgers on buns. Serve.
(1) This recipe calls for a pre-made burger from Publix Supermarkets. If you do not have a Publix in your area, you can make the burgers yourself. You'll need ground chuck, well-done cooked bacon, and mild cheddar cheese. Mix the bacon and cheese in with the ground beef. Since there is no specific proportions for these burgers, you'll have to just experiment with what satisfies your taste. A word of warning: don't add too much bacon and cheese to the burgers. Adding too much will cause them to fall apart while grilling.
(2) I use store brand Lite ranch dressing and store brand original barbecue sauce.
(3) I prefer sliced cheddar cheese on my burgers, an alternative to American cheese that this recipe calls for.
For the full menu including dessert, utensils you need, and a full shopping list, CLICK HERE.
To work with a real estate agent who enjoys life and people, give me a call. I'm here to give you a hand with all of your real estate needs.