Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Only the Second Fattest?!


Boy, are we Tennesseans in trouble. According to the Trust for America's Health and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, we are fat, fat, fat, fat, fat! Not pleasant news for those of us who live here. Apparently, almost 1/3 of all Tennessee adults are carrying around a lot of extra baggage.

Disconcerting? Absolutely! Obesity is preceded by problems with low income, poor education and lack of access to nearby grocery stores and safe neighborhoods, and other issues.

Discipline is really the bottom line. How many of us are really disciplined enough to control our diets and to head to the gym or even outside for a brisk walk?! Are we willing to pack up the extra portions at our favorite restaurant and bring them home to eat for another meal?

I'm not sure about you, but I prefer to live a little longer. And the more pounds I put on, and the fatter I get, the less likely I am to live longer. My goal for the remainder of 2010? Drop a few pounds and get lean. Come on, it's not that hard

To read the entire article, CLICK HERE.
_______________________________________________

Need a real estate agent who understands Middle Tennessee area and the real estate market? Give me a call and let me lend you a hand.

No comments: