Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Day


The sun just came up and it's completely quiet and still all over the house. The peace and solitude are welcome this morning. Not long from now, my four year old niece, Caroline, will lead two other generations in laughter, active play, and loads of fun.

This Thanksgiving is special. For the first time in a very long time, my sister and her family spent the night with us here at our parent's home in Williamsburg, Virginia. What a treat for all of us.

Today we'll watch part of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, trim some shrubs, put up a new light fixture, walk the dogs, play with Caroline, enjoy an incredible meal, and watch a little football. When we sit down to eat, we'll express our gratitude for the many blessings we've received.

I am blessed to have two wonderful children. Annie and Hunter are growing up quickly. Soon they'll be out of the house and on with their own adult lives. I have always told them that if I had to pick out kids at the "Kid Grocery Store", I'd pick them out EVERY SINGLE TIME! Yes, they're my pride and joy.

Other blessings? Great clients and wonderful friends. An incredible and very supportive family. The time I've been able to spend with my parents this year. The opportunity to make a move to a new location (Franklin). A wonderful broker and friend at the office. A church that I love going to. The opportunity to help with Camp Hope, the camp for kids injured by burns. A great bible study group. Living in the United States, despite our challenges and problems. And so many more.

Today is the day we set aside to express our gratitude to the Creator who gives us so much. If we really think about it, we're blessed beyond our wildest dreams and imaginations.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: