Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Taylor Made Delicacies


Yesterday's meeting with a client took us to the Taylor Made Cafe, a little cafe just north of I-40 on Mount Juliet Road. An institution in the "new" Mount Juliet, this cafe has been open for just a few years.

The first time I went in there was in the summer of 2006. My clients and I were famished after house hunting for several hours that morning, and the food quenched our hunger and thirst. Several other subsequent meetings brought me back to the Taylor Made over the course of the following years, always welcomed back by great food and entertaining staff.

A few months back, I noticed the business was for sale, but not long after that, the "for sale" sign was replaced with a "sold" sign. Since I wasn't in Mount Juliet like I used to be, I never found the time to get over there for lunch until yesterday. My meeting with a Mount Juliet client made it easy to plan our lunch meeting there.

Once inside, I noticed a totally different environment. Replacing the multiple rooms of gifts and home accessories were rooms of tables and chairs. The new decor gives the place a contemporary, yet quaint feel that welcomes in newcomers and regulars alike.

Yesterday's highlight was meeting new owner Annie. Annie's pleasant personality and full-service attitude made me feel very welcome. It was like being greeted by my sister when coming home.

Still there are the fantastic menu items like the Chickadee Wrap, the Ham Slammer Wrap, the Turk it Up sandwich, and more. For dessert (or breakfast) the sumptuous muffins like Lemon Sunshine and Low-fat Blueberry, will just hit the spot.

If you're not a Mount Juliet resident, it's worth the drive over there just to enjoy the quaint atmosphere and the food, and to meet Annie. Go and be blessed!

For a real estate agent who knows the Middle Tennessee market, give me a call or find me at www.JackJernigan.com. I'm here to help you sell your current and/or to buy a new home.

No comments: