Thursday, August 20, 2009

Camp Hope at It's Finest


It's hard to believe that two weeks have passed since Camp Hope ended. Honestly, I've been slacking off on writing because I came back from camp and things really geared up in the world of real estate. That aside, I wanted to share with my readers how fantastic camp was.

Twenty-one kids up to age 16, 15 adult counselors, action-packed days, three square meals a day, and nearly perfect weather made for an incredible camp for everyone!

Did I tell you about the zip line? Or the obstacle course? Kick-ball games? Swimming twice a day in the pool that has it's own slide? How about the Wii competition? Tie-Dyed tees and building bird houses? And we even had a spider hike - hiking through the woods and saw over 500 spiders and their webs? Interesting. And fun.

Dillon and Michael were the two guys I was responsible for. Both are great guys. This was Dillon's last year and so we made it a great last camp for him. Our dunking contests in the pool became an everyday habit. Michael was my buddy for our chicken fights. We were last year's champs. This year few took us on.

Amber, my Monopoly opponent had a blast. We met when she was a patient at Vandy over a year ago. This was her second Camp Hope experience. What a wonderful kid.

Our favorite pool activity, after the slide, was the long snake we made. It started with just three of us, then it grew to a long 15 people. Loads of fun as we circled the pool over and over.

These are the greatest kids in the world. I wish I could take them home with me and enjoy them year 'round. They're sweet, imaginative, and grateful to be alive.

Won't you give generously to Camp Hope? If you'd like more information about Camp Hope, click HERE. Your generous support means that more children have the opportunity to go at no expense to them.

No comments: